Coastal Housing decided to hold our two day senior team away day at the Waterside for two very compelling reasons, people and place.
Debbie Green, Chief Executive, Coastal Housing Group
Why The Waterside?
When you need somewhere really different, that enables you to get away from everyday noise and focus on things that are important to you, then we offer the natural gathering place:
- 40 acres of private land and nature reserve…
- Year-round facilities for inside/outside working…
- Accessible with high tech facilities, but not on call…
- Simple, fresh and local artisan food and drink…
- Non-corporate environment…
- Experienced and skilled support…
- …and the added dimension of being located on an alpaca farm…
You can hire The Waterside for your off-site session or event and we will host your visit so that you make the most of your time here. This includes providing fresh tea, Coaltown coffee, and homemade cake during the day as required – informal self-service in the Long Room so you have complete flexibility with your time. We can also offer simple, home-made lunch or supper.
Hire rates for 2018 are £300 per day, or £200 per half day (VAT inclusive), including light refreshments for up to 12 people. Additional light refreshments and meals can be quoted separately.
The Waterside has been used for:
- Leadership and team away days
- Confidential business development meetings
- Design space for architects and creatives
- Composition and recording space for musicians
We can also support you more actively by designing and facilitating your event with you. This enables everyone to be fully engaged and you get to work on what is really important to you, resulting in long term change. This service is offered by our sister company, Collective Headspace.
Talk with us about what you are trying to achieve and we can devise a package to suit your needs.
Examples of client development work include:
- Individual leadership coaching across a range of sectors, including using Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality preference profiles
- Thinking Partner with a wide variety of businesses and organisational leaders
- Management team development programme
- Senior team away days
- Ministry Area Leaders development (jointly with Sarum College)
- Whole school team creativity and well-being development (jointly with StillWalks)
EVENTS at The Waterside
We are starting to build a programme of open events so that more people can benefit from coming to The Waterside.
Our core themes of creativity, fresh thinking and conversations that matter, all in the context of the natural environment, great company and good food, shape what we are doing. And our wide network of artists, thinkers and others who are passionate about what they do mean that we have fertile ground to draw on. We launched Get Creative @ The Waterside during the BBC Cymru/Arts Council of Wales #GetCreative weekend on 7th-9th April 2017 and ran a series of events during 2017.
First Fridays @ The Waterside has been at the core of our programme, offering space to think, reflect and talk on the first Friday of every month, with conversation over lunch. After two years of running First Fridays, we are currently having a pause to plan how we can take this to the next level.
The currently planned events are shown in What’s On and we add to these during the year.
If you have ideas about what would make a really good event at The Waterside then please join the conversation.
Coastal Housing decided to hold our two day senior team away day at the Waterside for two very compelling reasons, people and place. The environment at Waterside meant that we genuinely switched off from the “noise” of the day job and focused more deeply and effectively on building our strategic vision for our future, and getting to know each other as a team, and secondly because of the skills Sue offered us as a very skilled listener, who designed our ambitious two days with both empathy and intelligence, to cover a lot of ground. The feedback from all my team after the two days was 100% positive and we will definitely be finding our way back to this very special place soon for more quality thinking time. Many thanks to Sue and Steve for a great two days.
Debbie Green, Chief Executive, Coastal Housing Group – this was in 2016 and we are delighted that The Waterside is now the regular venue for senior team events for Coastal Housing.